A Midsummer Tale Narrative Writing Contest
The 2016 contest is Closed.
Read the General Contest Rules first.
A Midsummer Tale is open April 1 – June 21 annually.
The theme of the 2016 A Midsummer Tale writing contest is: Summer Job.
The theme must play an integral role in the story.
Identify your story as fiction or creative nonfiction. For CNF entries, please indicate whether names have been changed.
Length: 1,000 words minimum; 5,000 words maximum.
Deadline for entries: June 21, 2016.
Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: A Midsummer Tale Contest Entry
Entries are blind-judged by Beaver. Decisions are final. Winners are announced July 31.
Winning stories are published in the September issue of Toasted Cheese.
- If 50 or fewer eligible entries are received, first place receives a $35 Amazon gift card & second a $10 Amazon gift card.
- If 51 or more eligible entries are received, first place receives a $50 Amazon gift card, second a $15 Amazon gift card & third a $10 Amazon gift card.
Past AMT Themes:
- 2015: Summer Home / Home for the Summer
- 2014: Song of the Summer
- 2013: Retreat / Encounter
- 2012: Snail Mail
- 2011: Water Fire Earth Air
- 2010: Make Believe
- 2009: Growth / Harvest
- 2008: Snapshots
- 2007: The Beach
- 2006: Summer School
- 2005: Road Trip
- 2004: Summer Vacation
- 2003: Hot Summer Nights
- 2002: a transition that takes place over the summer months